Just tested positive? You’re not alone. The stories here are from women who have gone through it all- disclosure, treatment decisions, changes in their relationships. They’ve faced diagnosis and other demons like drugs, the challenges of recovery, and discrimination.
They’ve delighted in love, and pregnancy, parenting and watching their grandchildren grow. They will tell you how HIV has changed their lives – how could it not? You can find more pieces that might help on the Positive Side Newsletter Highlights page.
If you need a connection with another woman, you’ll find some shared experiences here. If you live in British Columbia, consider coming to one of our weekend retreats and meeting some other women with HIV. It will change your life.
- Angel: A Strong Path from Peru
- Mrs Beasley*: HIV, Recovery and Community
- Charlotte: I Can’t Believe Thirteen Years Have Gone By!
- Christina: Choosing Motherhood
- Eshe: Looking at Dark Things in the Light
- Fanny: Encouraging Each Other to Keep Going
- Heidi: Leap of Faith (video)
- Kath: Discovering the Healing Powers of Running
- Marie: Ruling Your World
- Lori: Walking Around in My Own Skin
- River: At Home in My Tree House
- Sascha: New Being
- Shelley: How I Became an AIDS Activist
- Sidney: Meeting A Possible Mr. (or Ms.) Right Through Online Dating
- Tracy: Twenty Years of Choices
- Valerie: That Door’s
* You can tell your story using any name you want so you can balance the many pieces of disclosure in your life. It’s your choice.